E Liquid: UK Made vs. Unregulated - The Truth
UK E Liquid vs. Chinese/Unregulated E Liquid - The Truth
Here at Vapouriz, we're asked a lot about the difference between our Premium UK-produced e-liquids and cheaper alternatives. We take the utmost care and pride in producing our e juice to exacting standards and in line with UK legislation.
Cheap E-liquid is cheap for a reason - All manner of shops are stocking the product but you cannot be sure about ingredients.
Chinese e-juice is notorious for being manufactured with Pesticide-Grade Nicotine, and industrial Propylene Glycol. These contaminated ingredients pose an increasing and unnecessary risk to e-cigarette users throughout the world.
So what should you do? How can you ensure that the e-liquid you're buying is high quality and not full of harmful chemicals?
What Are the Ingredients in Premium E-liquid?
There Should Be Five Basic Ingredients:
- Nicotine - Pharmaceutical grade at a level to suit you: from 2.4% for the heavy ex-smoker, down to 0% for the Vaper who enjoys the experience and flavour without the nicotine hit. We also stock 1.8%, 1.2% and 0.6% to suit the requirements of any user. This can be a great tool for giving up nicotine as you can slowly wean yourself off it.
- Propylene Glycol: Pharmaceutical grade. Propylene Glycol adds the distinctive ‘throat hit’ when combined with the nicotine and flavourings. As a guide, our pre-mixed e-liquids contain about 60% Propylene Glycol.
- Vegetable Glycerine: Glycerine is the ingredient that produces the distinctive vapour (often referred to as ‘smoke’) as well as adding sweetness to the flavour. As a guide, our premixed e-liquids contain a mixture of approximately 40% Vegetable Glycerine.
- Distilled Water: Premium quality, de-ionised water is used. This helps produce the vapour (or 'smoke') when inhaling and mirrors smoking with the associated exhaling of water vapour.
- Flavourings: Produced in line with UK/EU guidelines, our flavourings provide the taste that you come to associate with your Vape. We range from traditional tobacco flavoured products which are great for giving up smoking cigarettes - to Menthol or Mint (for fresher breath) - and a wide range of fruit flavours. The flavours may be combined to come up with custom flavours such as Blueberry and Menthol for a tasty fruit hit with the added hit of freshness.
Good Quality E -Liquid Should Last Longer:
Cheap e Juice is known to often burn at a greater rate along with other potential side effects. (View 'Tips For Avoiding Potentially Harmful E Liquid below)
As a rough guide (depending on your usage), a 10ml carton of premium e-liquid will last approximately 7 days.
You'll find that cheaper alternatives will most likely last significantly less time. This highlights the false economy of purchasing a cheap alternative: If you pay half the price for a potentially harmful product that only lasts half as long, you may as well have bought from a reputable source in the first place.
Don't take the risk with your health for the sake of "saving a couple of quid"- It's simply not worth it.
The Dangers of Chinese/Imported E – Liquid
We urge that you avoid cheap, poor quality e-liquid for the following reasons:
- Unknown ingredients - They are not using pharmaceutical grade nicotine or additives
- Potentially harmful to your health - A side effect of poor quality ingredients
- May shorten the lifespan of you vaping equipment
- May burn more rapidly and affect the wick and head of your vape leading to poor quality taste
- Some rumours point to potential fire hazards! Possibly due to the ingredients used.
Tips For Avoiding Potentially Harmful E Liquid:
If you are unsure about the source or quality of the e-liquid you may purchase, then remember that you can carry out a few checks and draw your own conclusions. View the handy checklist below:
- Price: You get what you pay for - if it's cheap, it's probably with good reason
- Check ingredients: Some products do not even list the ingredients or have additional ingredients that are not in line with UK or EU regulation (See the Ingredients guide above.)
- Buy from a reputable source - Vapouriz.co.uk
- Look for 'UK made' - you're not just supporting a local business but you're more likely to find higher quality products.
- Investigate false claims - Where was it made? Just because a product has an Italian flag on it, doesn't mean it necessarily came from Italy!
- Expect to pay £4- £5+ for 10ml
- Don't be afraid to ask - If you're unsure, ask the vendor and test their product knowledge. They should know their own stock!
- Avoid a seller that can't answer your questions about the product.
- Quality of packaging - does it LOOK cheap? The contents will be the same.
- Ask friends about where they recommend buying from.
- Pick our brains at Vapouriz! We know our Vapes and we're willing to prove it. (See links in the following section)
What if I Already Have Questionable E-liquid?
A few pointers to bear in mind are listed below. Of course the above points are relevant… but what if you already own some potentially 'unsafe' e-liquid? How can you tell?
- Taste: Is it too powerful or 'barely there'? (assuming you've already paid for it!)
- Does it give you a sore throat? A chesty cough may develop from poor quality e juice. Don’t confuse this with a cough caused by having the strength too high! They aren’t the same. If in doubt, consult your doctor.
- Packaging: Does it look cheap?
- Ingredients: Are they listed?
- Are there any side effects such a nausea or sickness?
- Are you getting through it very quickly?
- Don't take risks… If you're unsure… throw the e-liquid away
- Your health is more important that a couple of pounds Sterling!
Vapouriz is soon to be the UK's biggest producer of premium e-liquid (more on that in future updates!) We produce our products through exacting standards to UK and EU legislation and would never put our brand on a product that we considered less than perfect.
All of our e-liquids are produced using pharmaceutical grade ingredients in a sterile and pollutant-free environment. Our customers are the best customers in the world and we aim to provide the quality and service that they deserve. This means getting our e-liquid recipes and production consistent and to the highest standards possible.
Have you got a horror story? Have you fallen for the false economy of cheap e-liquid? Do you have a question for the Vapouriz team? If so, please get in touch and let us know via the following links:
Experience the best with Vapouriz: No Whiffs, Or Butts.